In Gold Beach, you'll find the Agness Company to be your Gold Beach Septic system experts. Not sure about your septic system....how it works...how to maintain it?
A septic system is the most common method of sewage treatment for homes that are not on a public sewer line.
A septic system consists of a septic tank, where solids settle and decompose, and a drain field where liquid discharged from the tank is treated by bacteria living in the soil. The septic tank settles out and decomposes solid sewage. The resulting liquid discharge from the tank slowly seeps into the drain field where it receives final treatment from bacteria living in the soil.
Properly functioning septic systems treat sewage to prevent ground and surface water pollution. A malfunctioning system is a health hazard to your family and your neighbors, and will harm natural resources.
This is a typical layout of a septic tank. Yes, it all seems pretty simple but unless it is done right and unless it is done professionally it can mean years of headaches and wasted dollars dealing with it.
That's where the Agness Company comes in. With years of experience in the area, The Agness company has the technology and the experience to do it right and to make sure you know how to maintain your system.
With this kind of quality, you can be assured you'll get many years of trouble free service. Call us at 541-247-6215, we'll be glad to answer your questions.
Maintaining your Gold Beach septic system
A properly constructed and maintained system can last a long time if you follow some common Septic System Do's and Don'ts:
- Don't flush materials which will not easily decompose
- Don't flush chemicals or medicines
- Don't drive over the tank or drain lines
- Don't plant trees or shrubs over or near the drain field
- Don't cover your drain field or build over it
- Do plant grass over the tank/drain lines to prevent erosion
- Do divert other sources of water (roof drains, house footing, drains, sump pumps) away from the septic system
- Do have your septic system pumped out regularly (we recommend Roto Rooter)
- Do call us whenever you are experiencing problems with your system or see signs of system failure
Signs of septic system failure
- Pools of water or soggy spots, foul odors, and/or dark gray or black soils in the area of your drainfield.
- Water that surfaces over the drainfield during heavy rain or when doing laundry.
- Sewage backs up into the lowest drains in the house.
- Gurgling of drains, slow drainage (check for clogs first).
- Soggy soil overlying the drain field.
Give the Agness Company a call to assist you with your Gold Beach Septic System!
General septic system information provided by the Oregon Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ)